Finance Manager – Vadigran
Vadigran is a family owned company with over 60 years of history and in full transformation to meet worldwide ambitions. We want to transform from a production and distribution company that supplies retailers with commodity pet products into a mission and brand driven organization that helps consumers to love their pets in the most sustainable way. We value transparency, creativity, responsibility and autonomy. We dislike politics, gossip, ego, and bureaucracy.
The company was founded in Lennik where we still have our production facility. All other activities are located in Ghislenghien where you will also find our distribution center.
You will be responsible for the finance department in all its aspects. This includes general accounting, credit control, reporting and legal. For this you will lead your team of two accounting managers and one credit controller. You have a team but we are an SME company so you will be expected to do operational work on topics like monthly/annual closing, VAT, legal research or company setup.
Next to making sure your finance department runs smoothly you will also be a business partner to the executive team to improve overall business performance. You will be responsible to set up budgeting process, cash flow management and general business intelligence. Based on your data gathering you will proactively approach departments heads to suggest improvements that help the business and bottom line.
You will also set up the financial architecture of the different entities with the goal to increase visibility on performance while decreasing complexity. You will use the transformation to a new ERP system to rethink the way of working.
You will report to the CEO and will be expected to take a leading role in the transformational journey your team, the company and the culture is going through
Your priorities for the first year:
- Optimize workflow of the finance department
- Set up meeting structure
- Set up digital processes between finance and other departments
- Decrease closing time from 20 to 5 days
- Key user for new ERP
- Coach your team
- Follow treasury management processes, ensure compliance of ALM & controlling and treasury management
Refine financial reporting to support drumbeat of:
- Rolling budget
- P&L reporting
- Cash planning
- Set up a company process for continuous improvements
- Prepare and participate in monthly performance review of each department
- Write and update multiyear financial business plans to support and implement new strategic direction
- Scenario planning for large projects like new production facilities or new logistics network
We have big international growth ambitions. It will be your job to analyze opportunities and risks, and help the organization to cope with the effects of implementing a new business model.
Being a 60-year-old company has its advantages and disadvantages. The good news is that we don’t have to start from scratch, the bad news is that we can’t start from scratch. The biggest challenge is probably to keep the as- is running smoothly while transforming our strategy, organization and processes.
You will need to show strong decision making skills, being able to adjust to changing circumstances and to be able to communicate and convey difficult managerial and financial information. Combining strategic & change management to implement future-proof processes while being in control of the overall financial health of the company.
The following skills are necessary:
- Relevant financial experience in a similar business model (consumer goods, production, distribution)
- Excellent analytical skills supported by strong knowledge of excel and other BI tools (Power BI)
- Strong knowledge of business principles
- Not afraid to challenge senior management – self confidence
- Willingness to combine operational, project and strategic work
- Familiarity with different costing methods (standard costing, marginal costing) and ability to manage and organize these within entire company
- Familiar with consolidation
- Experience with process improvement methodology
- Ability to turn strategy into tactical business plans
- High level of emotional maturity & reliability
- People coaching skills
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English
- Result driven with a winning attitude for the whole and not the self
- You are an intrapreneur, you don’t wait for orders, you take action
If you are interested in this position, please reach out to Recruitment Business Partner Raquel Nascimento at +351 937 776 391 or email@example.com. To speed up the process, please attach your CV.
“Vadigran is a family owned company with over 60 years of history and in full transformation to meet worldwide ambitions. We want to transform from a production and distribution company that supplies retailers with commodity pet products into a mission and brand driven organization that helps consumers to love their pets in the most sustainable way. We value transparency, creativity, responsibility and autonomy. We dislike politics, gossip, ego, and bureaucracy.
The company was founded in Lennik where we still have our production facility. All other activities are located in Ghislenghien where you will also find our distribution center.”
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
If so, please reach out to:
Bjorn Andersen, Founder and CEO
DK: +45 3154 7040
Raquel Nascimento, Recruitment Business Partner
PT: +351 937 776 391