Marketing Manager – Denmark @ Pleo
Listen up, Copenhagen-based marketers!
Cash is old school. Out of pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that’s right, we’re gonna say it – fun.
And that’s what we’re here to do. But we need your help.
Pleo is looking for a Marketing Manager to join our Marketing Team and Copenhagen office (with flex-working a given too!).
You’ll be our marketing lead for Denmark, sharing and learning from your counterparts in our other countries of operation, plus the wider, 40-strong Marketing team. You’ll be responsible for defining the strategy and deploying the tactics that continue to see our markets thriving.
But wait, you haven’t heard of Pleo before? That’s too bad, but it’s also your problem to help solve!
Work can be hard. Paying for things at work shouldn’t be. We take a refreshingly simple approach to business spending: less jargon and process, more autonomy and transparency. Established wisdom says less direct control creates chaos. We say it creates a happier, more fulfilled workforce. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment ($350mil in 2021) and 20,000+ happy customers, we think we’re onto something big.
You’ll be joining at a super exciting time – when our product-market fit is tight, healthy competition is heating up, and the concept of a “spend solution” is becoming a real thing for forward-thinking teams.
Dig it? Come join the fun and help us grow into this big old beast called P-L-E-O!
Things you will be doing:
- Drive our go-to-market efforts and budgets in Denmark, with a series of online and offline activities to increase awareness, drive engagement, generate pipeline, keep customers engaged and support the cross-marketing team efforts
- Build a local-first demand generation and growth strategy, with the support of copywriters and brand designers
- Support the CX, Sales and Support teams with local activations, customer advocacy and awareness building
- Work with our global Head of Events and PR to deliver market-specific initiatives, sponsorship deals, tradeshow appearances and customer events
- Brief the internal Brand Studio team to deliver new ads, content and all-round design assets for Denmark
- Nurture relationships with local press, taste-makers and influencers
- Work with our Product Marketing team to help deliver nuanced product stories that you think will resonate with Danish prospects
- Collaborate with our Brand and Comms team to cook up great campaigns and creative that build top funnel-awareness – that you can tactically pull-through the funnel
- And finally make sure we deliver on our strong growth targets!
Who you are
- A fluent Danish speaking super communicator, with full professional and exacting proficiency in English to boot (yes, the grammar mistakes in this here job post are intentional … well done for spotting them!)
- A skilled T-shaped marketer (that’s a fancy way of saying that you possess a broad range of marketing skills, but have doubled-down on a couple of favourites that really set you apart from the rest)
- A proven project, campaign stakeholder manager
- A mission-driven marketer and creative problem-solver. You are attracted to tackling big, complex problems (read: opportunities!)
- Moreover, you believe the old bastions of business – tedious paperwork, top-down processes, out of pocket spending – are ripe for change. The future of work is your kinda thing
- A reliant self-starter – comfortable driving the marketing efforts in Denmark, with your Copenhagen crew at your side and the broader team just a Slack message away
- You’re tired with “business as usual” bureaucracy, workflows and processes
- You have a keen eye for spotting trends, keeping up to date with the state of SaaS, FinTech and b2b players, both in Denmark and further afield
- NOT a brilliant asshole. We want to make sure we fill our workplace with great, empathetic people
Your colleagues say you …
- Are a strong, actionable communicator, with great stakeholder management skills
- Never settle for second best
- Can be firm on project deliverables when you need to be
- Are inquisitive and curious
- Can’t stand buzzwords and egos
—- More info about benefits and why Pleo is a great workplace below the video ⏬⏬⏬⏬ —-
Why work at Pleo?
Working at Pleo means you’re working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we’ve seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we’re onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that’s Pleo. Today we are a 500+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ’d out of Copenhagen means we’re inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don’t work in the office with us we’ll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Are you the candidate we seek?
Then please reach out to:
Recruitment Business Partner
email@example.com +45 31 51 31 54