Global Payroll Specialist
Labster is a fast-moving award-winning company that focuses on revolutionizing the way science is taught to students all over the world.
We develop fully interactive advanced lab simulations and combine these with gamification elements such as an immersive 3D universe, storytelling and a scoring system to stimulate curiosity and highlight the connection between science and the real world.
At Labster, we are dedicated to empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world. We value impact, being bold, learning, collaboration and having fun whilst we do it.
With 20+ nationalities placed in offices in Bali, Zürich, Copenhagen, and Boston, you will find yourself in a truly international environment, where engagement, values, job satisfaction are goals of equal importance to the financial goals of the company.
We have replaced the conventional management hierarchy and organized ourselves using Holacracy.
Holacracy is a method of decentralized management and organizational governance, in which authority and decision-making are distributed throughout a holarchy of self-organizing teams rather than being vested in a management hierarchy. No more top-down management.
We believe in finding talented people and organizations that empower them.
Labster Group is a high growth company with entities in Denmark, the US, United Kingdom and Switzerland. We’re growing like never before and to support our growth we are looking for a Global Payroll Specialist to lead our Payroll function globally, while taking off other projects to support our global growth!
Our team is busy as never before; we’re empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world! To support our various teams, Labster is looking for a self-driven and diligent Global Payroll Specialist who can own the entire payroll process as smoothly as possible. Strong day-to-day operations are essential to support our continued growth as all reporting and controlling is in-house.
You will be part of a global Finance team with colleagues in both Copenhagen and Boston, MA. The team holds full accountability of Legal, Finance, and Accounting with a lot of balls in the air – they’re moving fast. So you should be prepared to work in an entrepreneurial culture where we are all part of defining and impacting processes, structures and strategy as well as being deep into day-to-day operations.
- Control the payroll process for employees
- Continuous partnership with the People Circle in relation to various payroll elements
- Maintain payroll guidelines within specified regions
- Stay up to date with applicable tax laws within specified regions
- Manage the state registration process for new hires in the U.S
- Solid understanding and practical experience with Danish taxation, regulations, and best practices
- Ability to work independently with little direction to meet established deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably from start-up and/or fast paced environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance
- Fluent in Danish and English
- Intermediate to advanced Google Suite/Excel skills
- Zynergy & ADP experience a plus
- NetSuite experience a plus
Labster Vision: Empower the Next Generation of Scientists to Change the World
For more information on our company vision to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world, please see video links below:
BBC News: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/te…
TED Talk: see our founder’s TED talk here
Are you the candidate we seek?
Then please reach out to:
Recruitment Business Partner
DK: +45 31 51 31 54