Senior Full Stack Engineer – Portchain
Portchain is looking for skilled and independent Senior Full Stack Engineer to join their software engineering team, focused on building a modern and user-friendly platform where users in the shipping industry can make quick decisions and stay informed through organized data.
To achieve this, they use data, mathematical modeling, machine learning, and optimization to help the users get full transparency on their operations and make better decisions.
You will be an essential part of a self-managing but integrated team that builds the features, creates the needed architecture and works hard on creating a good work culture that allows you to work in the best way for you.
Portchain is a 25-person strong team of nine nationalities, with half the company and most of the engineering team working remotely. The engineering team has an average of nine years of experience, so you will get experienced colleagues to work, learn, and collaborate with.
They believe that a happy software engineer has the freedom to explore new solutions and has a team that lets the best argument win. They aim to have autonomous teams co-own the platform and its technical evolution.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of end-to-end features from specifications and designs
- Solve architectural problems and make decisions with the team
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Maintain clean code and help build code conventions
- Understand and follow security and data protection best practices, like f.x. OWASP top 10
- Five years minimum of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with any or all the following technologies: Node.js, React, TypeScript
- Full-stack proficient – Nobody is perfect in all, but you’ve dabbled in the different domains.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Proficiency in automated unit and integration tests
- Previous professional experience working remotely
- A deep understanding that you always must navigate between the immediate impact and the technical debt incurred by its implementation. You can carefully weigh the pros and cons and choose in favor of the company and the team
Not required, but areas Portchain wants to be better in, so they could use that if you can tick any of those below:
- Experience with building B2B and consumer quality products from start-up/scale-ups
- Deeper understanding of network and application security and maybe also security when it comes to CI/CD
- Architectural experience with Cloud services like AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure
- DevOps/SRE experience
Competitive salary, flexible working environment, great lunch (If in CPH), and amazing colleagues.
A culture that encourages organic growth, with opportunities to expand and switch your context as you grow. To help this, there is also a budget and time set aside for your career and skill development.
There is more to a job than “where do I sit” – It’s about culture and social connections. It’s about helping each other become productive team members. That is why the Portchain employee journey is a journey of growth.
As the company grows, they want you to succeed, contribute and develop with it. They take pride in everyone contributing in their distinct way – it is not just about where you are, but also where you want to go in your career – They want to go there with you!
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this position, please reach out to Recruitment business Partner Martin Gejlsbjerg at +45 3117 9450 or email@example.com. To speed up the process, please attach your CV.
Portchain: On a mission to solve the hardest problems in container shipping
The container shipping industry is the backbone of global trade, with 90% of all goods being transported by a container. The industry is, however, fundamentally inefficient: 50% of all container vessels are delayed coming into port, and fundamental planning processes are done manually in basic tools and spreadsheets.
Portchain (portchain.com), a Danish SaaS startup founded in 2017, builds AI-powered applications to solve the hardest planning problems in shipping. Backed by prominent investors and $5M in funding, its products are used by several global top-5 container terminals and carrier operators.
Are you the candidate we seek?
Then please reach out to:
Martin Gejlsbjerg, Recruitment Business
DK: +45 31 54 70 40