Senior Software Engineer, Reactor – Chainalysis (Aarhus)
The Engineers at Chainalysis are driven by working on new technical challenges every day. Relentless problem-solvers and big dreamers, we’re creating the building blocks for future blockchain technologies.
A Software Engineer on the Reactor team is really good at building services that scale and empower our customers to do some of the most important and impactful work in the crypto industry, ultimately enabling law enforcement agencies, the world’s largest cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions to do things like take down darkweb marketplaces, track and prevent terrorist financing, prosecute child predators, and solve the Twitter Hack (yeah, we do all that!). We measure success by building components that are reusable and replaceable, reducing time to production, and building collaborative relationships across the company.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Improved the Reactor product that investigators and law enforcement around the world use to track and investigate illicit activity using digital currencies
- Solved complex problems around the trade-offs of cloud vs. on-prem
- Participated in debugging issues in our production systems and delivered insights in blameless post-mortems
- Helped enforce a culture of lightweight experimentation and continuous learning
- Delivered results autonomously but also seen the value in collaboration and helping others
- The other members of the team eagerly seek out your opinion on problems they are trying to solve.
A background like this helps:
- JVM expertise. We mostly use Java but also appreciate other languages.
- Comfortable and adept in microservice oriented architecture (Spring Boot)
- Built and managed production applications using JVM stack and Postgres
- Experienced in the trade-offs of building robust cloud native software and modern on premises tools
- Writing, running and debugging complex distributed systems
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty with a little DevOps work
- Have a strong bias to ship.
- A background of working in high impact teams where revenue and growth are closely tied to the work that you and your team have done
- Although not necessary, experience with Bitcoin or other digital currencies is a plus
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
Chainalysis was founded in Copenhagen by Michael Gronager and Jonathan Levin back in the beginning of 2015.
Chainalysis is the blockchain analysis company. By providing compliance and investigation software to the world’s leading banks, businesses, and governments. Their experts in financial crime and blockchain analysis empower customers to derive insights they can act on.
With the mission to create greater trust and transparency about cryptocurrency, they wanted to create the fundamentals for it to realize its full potential. By the usage of Chainalysis’ software they both offer compliance and investigation tools, and enables banks, businesses, and governments the confidence and knowledge they need to help this new digital economy thrive.
Reactor is Chainalysis’ investigatory workhorse and flagship product. It visualizes cryptocurrency movement across a blockchain and flags addresses associated with illicit activity.
Are you the candidate we seek?
Then please reach out to:
Recruitment Business Manager
DK: +45 28 87 31 54
US: +1 (415) 287-0402