Sr. Venture Architect – Rainmaking Venture Studio
As a Senior Venture Architect in our Copenhagen-based venture studio, your main area of focus will be on identifying and evaluating opportunity spaces, validating new venture concepts, and helping our venture teams grow. This includes:
a. creating insights into how macro trends and shifts in the competitive landscape influence the venture opportunities in that space,
b. evaluating how new business models can be applied effectively to create new value,
c. understanding how we can best leverage the assets of our corporate partners to create competitive advantage,
d. examining market size and building the business case of potential ventures,
e. engaging with customer segments via qualitative methods to truly understand their needs (Danish written and verbal skills are needed),
f. rapid prototyping and testing potential solutions with the customer segments,
g. recruiting and supporting our founder teams (or joining as a founder yourself), and
h. generally doing everything it takes to take an idea from paper to reality
Working closely with the other Venture Architects and subject matter experts in our team, you will proactively drive each project forward and have ownership of the deliverables in each of our three phases: opportunity scoping, venture validation, and venture building.
- Passionate: you ‘geek out’ on startups, technology, business models, growth engines, founder stories, venture capital, and corporate innovation
- Startup Experience: you understand and are excited by the highly dynamic startup ecosystem and have experience working in a startup, as an intrapreneur, in an accelerator program, as an investor or in a venture builder
- Team Playing Self-starter: you enjoy and respect the importance of being a part of a small tight-knit team but equally thrive while working independently
- Master Communicator: you are a skilled, structured, and clear communicator. You are empathetic, optimistic, and open-minded. You are an expert in interviewing and group/individual presentations
- Credibility: maturity and a proven track record, giving you credibility to present ideas and challenge assumptions in C-level meetings
- Multi-tasker: able to wear many hats, ambitious, and highly motivated and buzzing with energy. Record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Visual Eye: you have an appreciation for aesthetics and good design; able to create concise, insightful, and beautiful work
- Perpetual Learner: always intellectually engaged with a thirst for knowledge and continual personal progression
Startup / corporate
Complexity of the role
Do you want to work in the most exciting corporate venture studios in Denmark? Do you have +7 years of combined consulting and entrepreneurial experience? Do you have a passion for creating and scaling new ventures with corporates and proven founders? Can you build relationships with senior decision makers at large corporates? If yes, then this is your opportunity.
Rainmaking and the Rainmaking Venture Studio
Rainmaking is a corporate innovation and venture development firm. We create, accelerate, and scale new business with the world’s leading corporations and entrepreneurs. Since 2010 we’ve helped build and scale over 900 technology companies – some on our own, some with amazing co-founders and corporate partners (e.g. Tryg, Danske Bank, Jaguar Land Rover and Wilhelmsen).
In Rainmaking’s Venture Studio we co-create companies. We unlock the unfair competitive advantage corporates bring to the process of venture building. Our model is the combination of three core elements:
1. The scale strengths and deep domain knowledge of large corporations
2. Proven, passionate, and empowered entrepreneurs
3. The repeatable science of building and funding startups
Are you the candidate we seek?
Then please reach out to:
Director Bjorn Andersen
DK: +45 31 547 040